Overdose Response during COVID19
We know that Overdose Prevention and Overdose Response are – and will be – key to SAVE LIVES during this pandemic.
We’ve adapted our Opioid Overdose Response – “Step by Step” to make sure that everyone is safe when responding to an Opioid Overdose.
- 🚫 Wear PPE – gloves, face mask, protective eyewear and apron if possible!
- 🥽 NO RESCUE BREATHS! – If you are trained Bag Valve Masks (BVM) fitted with an appropriate viral filter can be used.
- 🤲🏽 WASH YOUR HANDS for at least 20 seconds after responding.
Access to Naloxone
If you are a person who uses drugs, please contact :
- Ana Liffey Drug Project – Call freephone 1800786899 to arrange
- Merchants Quay Ireland – Naloxone training and distribution available at their Needle Exchange Services
- Mon to Fri 8 to 2pm, 3pm to 9pm
- Sat- no NX
- Sunday 9:15 to 1:30pm
If you have questions about Naloxone and Needle Exchange services outside of Dublin please email email@example.com or call 01 555 4693
For an in depth overview of COVID-19 please check the HSE website HERE